So I know the Beyond Beef burger is trending majorly and although I’m not in South Africa I know it’s just been launched there. I tried this in my first week of being in the States and I was beyond excited to get to taste it, however as a vegan of 6 years I realized I didn’t miss the taste of meat nor the exact recreation of it. Now don’t hate me if you do, I think it’s totally cool to replace animal meat with this or if you’re a transitioning vegan but you might find it hurts your wallet if done regularly.
So in order to take care of your wallet and your taste buds here is my favorite vegan burger recipe:
(P.S – you’re welcome)
Totally addictive Vegan burger patties
- 3 hand sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Cup quinoa
- 1/2 Cup lentils 1 can drained and rinsed lentils
- 1 Tbsp cornflour or egg replacer
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and boil the sweet potato in a pot until soft. In a smaller pot add the quinoa and lentils together with 1 tsp salt and 1,5 cups water. Bring to boil and cover and simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- All all your spices and corn flour or egg replacer in a bowl.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked, drain off water and cool down. Mash with a fork/masher and add the cooked lentils and quinoa. Add all the spices, coconut oil and sriracha and hand mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixtures into 8 even balls. Flatten in hand and place on oiled baking tray.
- Bake for 20minutes. 10minutes on each side.