While things seem to be warming up in West Virginia (at last!). I’ve been having soup cravings. Honestly, I think I’m in love with soups right now. Nothing beats a warm cup of soup and homemade sourdough. Recipe coming later this week 😉 This potato soup was easy to whip up and for 6 ingredients (make it 8 with salt and pepper) it’s such a delicious meal.
This potato soup is:
- Slightly spice from all the pepper I added
- Full of flavour
- Nutrient dense
- Low in fat
- Makes almost 4 liters
Want a healthy, filling soup for the whole week? Then this potato soup should definitely be on your to make list.
You can add other veggies like carrots (1 or 2), broccoli or cauliflower. I added broccoli for some extra vitamins. Parsley and leeks would work wonderfully as well.
If you are a meal prepping fan, then this is a great addition to your weekly menu. Hosting a dinner party? This is a great appetizer for those cooler nights.
I love how quick this recipe came together and how simple it was. What’s easier than boiling a few ingredients in a pot? If you have a pressure cooker (crock pot) I suggest using it to speed things up.
I used my Vitamix to blend everything up at the end. If you have an immersion blender definitely use this instead. Because my kitchen is minimalistic I make sure my Vitamix gets put to the test through all kinds of applications.
If you would like a lower carb, quick vegan meal, I highly recommend this cauliflower fried rice. I’m addicted to this of late!
If you haven’t already, follow me on https://www.instagram.com/the_hungry_herbivore/
If you make any of these recipes I would love your feedback and to see pictures. Tag me @the_hungry_herbivore 🙂
6 ingredient vegan potato soup
- 6 med potatoes
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 med onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Let’s start by peeling 6 medium potatoes, washing them and boiling them for 15 minutes. I used 2 litres (0.5 Gallons) of water.
- While the potatoes boil, dice an onion and fry it in some oil. Add 3 cloves of garlic towards the end when your onions are browning beautifully.
- Chop your celery and if you have any other veggies like carrots, cauliflower or broccoli, chop these up too.
- Add all the ingredients to the potatoes, add 1 tbsp salt, pepper and boil for another 15 minutes. You can add an extra liter of water (0.25 Gallon) of water at this point.
- Take off the heat and using an immersion blender, blend all the ingredients or using a high powered blender (I recommend you let the soup cool for a while first) blend until smooth. I had to do this 3 times for the quantity.
- Pour into mason jars and keep refrigerated for up to 10 days.