I love making granola. Besides Sam having a bowl as a late night snack almost daily, it’s a really simple thing to make. When I first moved to America, I couldn’t believe how every brand was loaded with different sugars or honey and the only brand I did find made with coconut sugar was out of the budget $$$ especially when your husband is a granola muncher like mine. So I started experimenting with granolas more.
Golden spiced granola
- 3 Cups rolled oats gluten-free if you like
- 1 Cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 Cup almonds
- 1/4 Cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 6 Tbsp Maple syrup Agave/coconut sugar -if using coconut sugar mix 1 tbsp hot water first
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- Cook 1/2 cup quinoa with 1 cup water, bring to boil and then lower heat and simmer with the lid on.
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celsius. Any hotter and you wish burning it.
- In a mixing bowl add all the other ingredients. Add the cooked quinoa once cooked.
- Hand mix/ massage all the ingredients together.
- Line a baking trap with baking paper and spread granola evenly.
- Bake for 20min and toss the granola around. Continue to bake for another 20min or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing in a cute glass jar. This will last 2-3 months maybe longer… I’ve never had any last more than that.
Ta-daaaa you now have your very own homemade granola for a fraction of the cost of store bought. Serve over cold almond milk or add to smoothie bowls for something crunchy. How pretty is that golden granola?
If you make this comment below, rate the recipe and tag me on instagram the_hungry_herbivore 🙂