We all need meals which are easy to whip up. No one wants to spend hours cooking after a long day of work. Am I wrong? This is why you need this easy roast veg salad in your life.
It’s the perfect meal for getting in your daily veggies, the quinoa fills you up and the healthy fats make sure you don’t feel hungry 5 minutes later.
While quinoa has protein in it, you may want to add some more – chickpeas or tofu would work so well in this dish.
This is an easy warming salad which is packed with flavor and definitely a crowd pleaser.
Serve as a complete meal or as a side either way it’s bloody tasty!
While the ingredient list may seem long, it’s just a long list of vegetables but feel free to use as many or as little veggie types as you like. This salad would work so well with asparagus, eggplant, Brussel sprouts and mushrooms so go wild and use everything you have.
All you ready need to do is chop (or buy pre-cut veg but consider the plastic waste this comes in). Line your baking trays with veggies and some oil drizzled over and bake for 30-40minutes.
While the veggies bake all you need to do I cook quinoa and mix your dressing and you’re done.
Total prep time is 15-20 minutes or less if you chop like a beast.
Dishing up is as easy as tossing all the veggies into the cooked quinoa pot and plating, add as much or as little dressing as you like. Garnish with coriander. Yup- it’s that easy.
Tahini is made from crushed sesame seeds and while slightly bitter on its own this dressing is wonderful. If you don’t have tahini you can substitute it for peanut butter or almond butter for tasty results.
Easy Roast Veg Salad
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1.5 Cups Water
- 1 Small Butternut
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1/2 Head Broccoli
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Red/yellow bell pepper
- Dash Cinnamon
- Dash Italian seasoning Or oregano
- Dash Smoked paprika
- Sprinkle Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil
- Fresh coriander Garnishing
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Tsp Soya sauce Tamara/coconut aminos for gluten free
- 2 Tsp Agave/maple syrup Or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 Cup Warm water
- Pinch Chili flakes Optional
- Place quinoa, salt and water into a pot and bring to the boil. Once boiling cover pot with a lid and lower heat to lowest. Should simmer for 10-15 minutes until all the water has absorbed.
- Heat oven to 350F (200C)
- Chop all veggies and place on baking trays. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add a dash of cinnamon to the butternut.
- Add a dash of Italian seasoning to the zucchini and carrots.
- Add a dash of smoked paprika to the cauliflower.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to all the veggies and bake for 30- 40minutes. The butternut might take a bit longer so bake that on a separate tray.
- While the quinoa and veggies cook, place all your dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk together and let it stand. Tahini thickens slightly as it stands.
- Once everything is done, toss the veggies into the quinoa pot and mix together. Dish up and drizzle tahini dressing over. Garnish with fresh coriander or fresh herb of choice.
If you’re in need of other quick dinner inspiration check out my favorite go to recipes that take under 30 minutes:
I just realized I haven’t shared my favourite pasta dishes on the blog so guess who needs to make some pasta.
If you make any of my recipes, I would love to see, please tag me on Instagram @the_hungry_herbivore or comment below and give me a rating.
I’m off to do some camping meal planning and some sewing DIYs. Also tomorrow is our first wedding anniversary. Can’t believe a year has passed since I tied the knot with my better half.
Till next time